Monday, June 5, 2017

A new Horizon

"You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore."  ~ William Faulkner



When I look at these pictures, taken while dark weather still haunted our little country, I still am unable to believe I cut my hair short. I don't dislike my new haircut, it makes me feel more strong.  But don't get me wrong, strong is seeing all the issues and problems with no self deception, no soft filters. It is feeling the anxiety in full measure, acknowledging the fear. It is taking steps forward, caring your flaws with you. Cutting my hair was part of a new chapter, part of passing one and deciding I want to create my own adventure, without feeling guilty. Because, I have felt guilty about way to many things. I still believe I need to do things for myself, even if it might hurt the other. Overwhelming yourself in guilt, doesn't make you a better person. I realized that far too late. In my story I want to be a proud woman who dares speak her mind, knows her own fear and is able to embrace it. Determined and strong enough to keep continuing even when everything around seems to crumble.










Share:

No comments

© The Mad Twins | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig